Who are you and where are you based?
We are Helene and Sam, a team of photographer and videographer based in Papeete on the island of Tahiti. In french Polynesia. There is more than 100 islands and we travel across them all along the year to shoot weddings, elopements and families. We provide videography and Photography services on the ground but also aerial shot/film for your wedding/honeymoon. If you want to know a little bit more about us and our approach you can click here : About us
What time should I have my ceremony/photoshooting ?
It really depends what outcome you expect on your photos :
– If you are looking for photos that show pure blue the morning will be the best moment. This is also the hottest moment of the day so if you can t stand the heat it s better to plan it later in the day.
– If you prefer yellow/orange feel on your pictures we can start the photo sunset shooting about 90mn before the sunset. The temperature is cooler but the blue is less vibrant.
I am interested to get drone photography for my wedding/honeymoon, how does it work?
In french Polynesia, you need to be certified by the DGAC (equivalent of Federal Aviation Administration) to have the right to use a drone.
Sam is the one in the team fully licensed and insured to fly drones for commercial purposes including weddings. We work together and i am the directing couples while Sam shoot the image for me. We can shoot on any islands of French Polynesia with the drone without any problem but if you stay in some Bora Bora resorts you might face some restrictions.
If you stay in one of this 3 resort in Bora Bora we won t be able to provide this service as the use of drone is forbidden :
– Four Seasons
– Intercontinental Thalasso
– St Regis
If that s a service you really want and haven t firmly booked your wedding/stay with one of this 3 hotels we can recommend you some other resorts that allow drone shots and aerial video.
If you are travelling to other islands it s possible to use it anywhere without any restrictions.
Do you all the edit all photos?
Yes we do. Every image we deliver is post produced with my unique signature style of post production. This involves color correction, exposure adjustment, adjustments, tone-mapping, and other corrections.
For any request regarding your body like slimming you down or changing drastically your appearance i am working with an independant studio who will be able to do that for you with an extra charge. I am not in charge of this part.
How many images do you deliver ?
For a 3 hours honeymoon session we typically deliver 50-70 per hour of coverage. Keep in mind these numbers may increase or decrease depending on the flow of the day and the number of places needing to be captured.
How long does it take to process our Wedding Photography package? When can we expect to receive it?
My normal processing time is from 2 – 6 weeks depending which package you selected. This is the time i used to digitally enhance your photos. I look though every single photograph to be sure they are enhanced to their full potential.
Do you shoot in JPEG or Raw? Do you provide the RAW files from my engagement session and/or wedding day?
We shoot all my images in Raw. Each of our packages comes with a full resolution image download. However, we typically do not provide RAW (unprocessed) files from our shoots because we believe in delivering a finished product. In fact, we’re often shooting with the end (post-produced) product in mind. However, on occasion, we may provide RAW images along with our post-produced JPG’s for an additional fee and restrictions.
Do you shoot same sex marriage?
Yes, we have the honour of photographing a number of same sex weddings. Click on the link to have a look at some of them : Same sex
How do I reserve you for my date? What is the process to book your service?
All dates are reserved once we receive your signed contract and retainer.
Is there any island where i can get a lower price to have both of you?
Our rates depends of the island you ll stay and is based on the logistic we will have to coordinate. Our rates on Moorea and Tahiti are the most attractives.
What do you do if we have an outdoor venue and it rains on our wedding day?
In french Polynesia the weather is totally unpredictable but we are used to easily adapt to any situation. As a photographer, i still think that rainy days are beautiful and give a very different feel to your photos if you need to have a look at any of the rainy weddings i have done i ll send you the link of shootings on this website.
We can reschedule your shooting if we have availabilities and if the rain doesn t last during all your stay.
- On this island our 1st package start from 3 hours sessions but if we are already on the island for a few days we can do 2 hours just drop us an email and we will tell you our availabilities. We don t do photoshooting/videoshooting for half an hour or 1 hour
- The St Regis only allow their resort photographers to shoot your wedding or honeymoon so you won t be able to have us. Most of our customers who stays in this resort are having their sessions/weddings on other hotels in Bora Bora or other islands don t hesitate we will recommend the best places if you want to work with us.
- Please contact your hotel in Bora Bora as you will have to pay a fee entrance to your hotel to have a shooting on your resort with a photographer. You ll be charged only in hotels in Bora Bora as you can t leave you’re resort as you want.
- We don t accept any shooting at the Intercontinental Thalasso.